Donate to your favorite charity with the Capital One No Hassle Giving Site

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Loubieh Bi Zeit (Lebanese Green Beans)

MTH and I had take out from The Phoenician a few weeks ago. There were some leftover Loubieh Bi Zeit. I thought that DS may like them. He LOVED them! Given that he previously was not as enamoured of green beans, I decided I needed to figure out how to make them. Here's a recipe that I adapted from http://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com. Here is the link to the original recipe.

Ingredients:

olive oil
onions, chopped
garlic, chopped
1 can of green beans (I used half sodium)
1/2 can of tomato sauce
1/2 half lemon, juiced
2 cups of chicken broth or you can use chicken bouillon
Pepper

Directions:
  1. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
  2. Add onions and saute until translucent.
  3. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (no more than 2 minutes).
  4. Add green beans, tomato sauce, lemon juice, chicken broth and pepper.
  5. Cover and cook on low heat for 45 minutes. You can probably cook less and it will be fine.

No comments: