Donate to your favorite charity with the Capital One No Hassle Giving Site

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Years' Eve Menu

MTH and I are thinking of making our own fancy dinner.  I cheated and looked at epicurious menus instead of trying to figure out a menu on my own.  I want to make items like we would order at a nice restaurant.

Proposed Menu:
Salmon Rilletes on Toast
Three French Cheeses with Apple, Fennel and Walnut Salad (will substitute pecans for the walnuts)
Main Meat Dish - here's where you come in - please give ideas!!  MTH vetoed the veal rib chops with caramelized fennel and figs
Potatoes Simmered in Saffron
Veggie Side Dish - if you have any ideas for a tasty veggie side dish, I would love to hear them!

Drinks:
Sparkling Wine
Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc (present from a dear friend!)
Other wines I find at the store

We'll let you know how the meal goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I say do the veal. MTH can deal with it