Donate to your favorite charity with the Capital One No Hassle Giving Site

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Beer, Beer and Turkey? (About 2 hours)

Tonight, I made beer and "beef" chili. I put the beef in quotes because I substituted ground turkey for the ground beef. I started with sauteing onions and garlic and then the ground turkey is added. At this point, you can decide which chili spices you like the most. We put in chili powder, ancho chili powder, cumin, oregano, basil and thyme. Also, beer, chicken broth, tomatoes and tomato paste were added at this point. The chili is left to simmer for as long as you like. Then add the beans.

Why did I mention two beers in the title? Because I also made beer batter bread. It's another very simple recipe. I got this one off the epicurious website and didn't make any changes - Beer Batter Bread Recipe.

Beers used: Amstel Light in the chili and Guinness in the bread.

No comments: