Donate to your favorite charity with the Capital One No Hassle Giving Site

Friday, January 14, 2011

Week 2: Friday, 1/7 through Thursday, 1/13

Friday, 1/7 - Broiled salmon over pureed cauliflower with whole wheat baguette and sauteed garlic spinach
Saturday, 1/8 - Multigrain pizza with assorted toppings (green pepper, cheese, mushrooms) along with pureed carrots, parsnips and butternut squash (eaten separately)
Sunday, 1/9 - Mushroom barley soup with added vegetables and baguette
Monday, 1/10 - leftover mushroom barley soup
Tuesday, 1/11 - Homemade tomato soup with grilled cheese and green beans
Wednesday, 1/12 - Cheese quesadilla and baked sweet potato
Thursday, 1/13 - I had not planned anything and we ended up with Indian takeout.  LTH had bread, blueberries and banana and was quite happy.

I also made some yummy carrot muffins using spelt on Saturday.  I will making more of these along with other recipes from my new cookbook, Good to the Grain: Baking with Whole Grain Flours.  I hadn't even heard of some of the flours mentioned in this book.  I'm excited to try them out!

1 comment:

Kramva said...

The soup on Sunday was pretty great. I'm taking it to work for lunch.